Monday, May 17, 2010

Social Media Profile Outline

I had originally planned on Fayette Community Church being my client, but they are in a phase of transition as they have just moved buildings and have decided to change the church name. That being said, I've decided GCTV News may be the best candidate for this project. I've contacted Stephen Price, and he agrees this would be a smart move for GCTV News. Also, I plan to remain the PR Practitioner for GCTV News in fall 2010, so I will be able to maintain the social media status.

Outline:

1) Gained permission from Stephen Price

2) I plan to create a blogger account for GCTV News and will update the site after each show explaining upcoming show ideas, what's going on behind the scenes, posting pictures and videos, and even posting interviews with different cast members. I plan to make the blog as much of an entry way into the lives of the cast as possible. I want viewers to understand the sacrifice these students make, and for students to feel comfortable enough to volunteer. I also feel as if a blog will motivate the cast and crew because they will feel respected.

3) I have already created a Twitter account for GCTV News during the spring practicum. I plan to take the account and gain followers primarily in our college community and the Milledgeville community. I then plan to follow people who could be potential sponsors and other college news teams. It would be encouraging for GCTV cast and crew to receive praise for videos, etc. That being said, I will obviously post the links to the existing GCSU youtube website and promotional event pages.

4) We have already created a Facebook page for GCTV News. I believe we effectively used this page during the spring semester, but plan on finding new ways to reach our viewers. I would like to add more friends, especially targeting Freshman at GCSU, and will also use the facebook to post videos and photo albums for GCTV News.

5) Steve mentioned GCTV News not having a website all to themselves, so this may be an option worth discussing throughout the semester. Until then, we may use the student media website.

6) I would like to create an email for GCTV News for viewers to send comments, and will also use the blog to seek feedback.

7) Steve had not mentioned whether or not they would be interested in LinkedIn, but I don't think I will use this outlet. I may focus primarily on building community recognition and sponsorship within Milledgeville. It will benefit GCTV News more so in the long run.


No comments:

Post a Comment